Thursday, December 20, 2012

No I didn't see it coming, she was sly as can be. (she could be they but can't change the song)

From Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop  
5.) Take a line from a song you love and turn it into the title of your next blog post. Let the content follow.

Got an ex-old man and an ex-best girlfriend by Kristen Kelly

My ex-husband moved me out while I was the hospital and moved my ex-best girlfriend in.  I have to laugh every time I hear the song because I wouldn't have ever gotten where I am now with out all that funny business.  I was hurt at the time but now I see it as all of part of Gods plan.  I needed the help I got in the hospital. I probably wouldn't have left which was turning into being a bad situation without him having moving me out.  So I am blessed that all that happened, happened the way it did.

After coming out of the hospital (it was a mental health hospital)  I was enrolled into a out patient program DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy) to learn things that I didn't know things like how to cope with stress in healthy manner.  How to deal with life situations that seem to bury you.  How to stop doing the things I had been doing that were not healthy for me.  I learned a lot in this program and I truly feel that I was blessed to get to participate in it.  I learned that a lot about life is done by living in the moment, not living thinking about all the what if's in the world.  Things happen for a reason and this was one of them.

After getting out of the program I started to try new things, challenge myself to do things outside my comfort zone.

Yeah that's me coming down from walking across a rope course!!! I am still very proud of myself for that moment.  I am terrified of heights and I did it.  I keep trying to push myself to do my best at everything I do and to adventure outside of my comfort zone.  

The absolute best thing about all of this is that I became the mom that I am supposed to be, to my beautiful daughters. 

I am so blessed I reconnected with God and I met my husband.  He is the man that changed my mind about ever getting married again.
I am truly blessed. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment